Bruny Island Gourmet Day Tour
A delicious day out visiting artisan produce providers or cellar door to taste local produce. Gourmet tasting tour of Bruny Island from Hobart. Explore spectacular landscapes and gourmet local produce.
- Gourmet tasting journey
- Delicious Bruny Island produce and spectacular scenery
- Cheese, oysters, fudge and more
- Amazing iconic view at The Neck
- Spot incredible wildlife including rare white wallabies
- Learn about the culture & history of Bruny Island
- Hotel pick-up & drop off at some Hobart CBD accommodation
- Guided bus tour
- Local guide
- Bruny Island ferry crossing
- Delicious Bruny Island produce
Departure times & locations
Departs Hobart at 7.45am daily. We can pick you up from your Hobart CBD hotel or meet us at our Pennicott Wilderness Journeys Booking Centre situated on Franklin Wharf, next to the Constitution Dock Lifting Bridge on Hobart's waterfront.
The tour returns to Hobart at 5.30pm with CBD hotel drop off.
If you have your own car, there is all-day parking available nearby at 41 Evans Street Car Park ($12 for all day parking) or Market Place Car Park ($20 standard daily rate. Earlybird Rate before 9am of $12 for all day parking).
Meet at the Oyster Cove Marina in Kettering at 8:30am. Free parking available.
Your day at a glance
07:45am Depart Hobart
09.30am Bruny Island Cheese and Beer exclusive tasting
10.30am The Neck Lookout
11:30am Mavista rainforest walk. Search for white wallabies
12:00pm Lunch Pennicotts – oysters, main meal and two glasses wine, beer, cider
01:15pm Bligh Museum/Adventure Bay
01:45pm Two Tree Point
02:15pm Bruny Island Chocolate, HIBA Gardens
03.30pm Bruny Island Honey
04.30/5:00pm Return ferry, return to Hobart 5.30/6:00
Your gourmet experience includes
- Enjoy award winning cheeses, premium wines and beer, freshly shucked oysters, handmade fudge, local honey. Ice cream, mead and a delicious lunch at Pennicott’s beachside restaurant with sweeping views of Adventure Bay
- Meet and hear the stories of island producers including an exclusive private cheese and beer experience at Bruny Island Cheese Company
- Take in the glorious views from the iconic Neck Lookout
- Walk along pristine sandy beaches
- Step back in time with a walk through the ancient Mavista Rainforest and breathe in the cleanest air as you stroll under the towering canopy
- Search for rare white wallabies on our private reserve
- Be inspired by island stories of flora, fauna and history as told by our local guides and storytellers.
- Delight in a relaxing tour of HIBA’s 50 acres of private English and native gardens overlooking Adventure Bay, before being treated to fudge in the tranquil surrounds.
- Possibly, the sweetest spot on the island, Bruny Island Honey provides the perfect stop to indulge your sweet tooth. Take in the bush surroundings as you enjoy a honey ice cream. We also have a gift of honey mead for you take home, often referred to as the nectar of the gods.
- See local aboriginal artefacts including the first floating Tasmanian aboriginal canoe since European settlement at our visitor centre
- Visit the Bligh Museum, with tall tales of Adventure Bay explorers
- Enjoy travelling as a small group, ensuring a personalised experience
Things To Bring
We suggest wearing warm, comfortable clothing. It's a good idea to bring a jacket and don't forget your camera as there are plenty of photo opportunities!
Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking. If you require hotel transfers please have your hotel name ready when booking so we can send you a pick-up time with your confirmation.
Instant Booking & Mobile Friendly Tickets
Check availability & book here to secure you spot on Bruny Island Seven-Course Gourmet Day Tour. Pre-booking is essential. Please do not turn up on the day without a booking.
Hobart Hotel Pickup Times
Please let us know in the notes when booking which hotel you would like to be picked up from.
If you have a hotel pick-up please be waiting outside the front of your hotel by the specified time.
Actual pick up time could vary by up to 15 minutes, subject to other pick-ups and traffic conditions on the day.
7:20am | New Town, North Hobart & West Hobart
- Bay View Villas (Meet at Lansdowne Café)
- Lodge on Elizabeth (Wait on Cnr of Elizabeth & Warwick St)
- Rydges Hobart (Wait on Argyle Street)
- Black Buffalo
- Hobart Tower Motel
- Mayfair on Cavell
- Graham Apartments (Meet at Metro stop 11, at Dapper Dog Grooming & Circles Hair)
- Quest Trinity House (Wait at Metro bus stop on Brooker Hwy, just after the overpass)
- Maylands Lodge (Meet at Metro stop 11, at Dapper Dog Grooming & Circles Hair)
- Republic Bar
- Tasmanian Inn
7:30am | Hobart CBD
- Best Western Hobart (Bathurst St)
- Brisbane Hotel
- Edinburgh Gallery B&B
- RACV/RACT Hobart Apartments (Meet at metro bus stop outside of City Dental)
- Hadley’s Hotel (Meet at RACV/RACT Hobart Apartments. Metro bus stop outside of City Dental)
- Ibis Styles (Meet at Travelodge Hobart)
- Mantra Collins (Meet at Movenpick)
- Mantra One (Meet on Davey St)
- Narrara Backpackers
- VIBE Hotel Hobart (Meet at Movenpick)
- Nook Backpackers
- Crowne Plaza
- Travelodge Hobart Hotel
- Quest Savoy (Meet at Movenpick)
7:40am | Hotels close to Pennict Wilderness Journeys
- The Tasman
- Hobart Brewing Company (Meet at Bus Zone on Evans St)
- Hotel Grand Chancellor (Meet on Campbell St)
- Henry Jones Art Hotel
- The Old Woolstore Apartments
- Customs House (Meet at The Tasman)
7:50am | Salamanca & Battery Point
- Ball & Chain (not available Saturday)
- Salamanca Inn (not available Saturday)
- St Ives Apartment (Meet in Car Park)
8.00am | Sandy Bay & South Hobart
- Bay Hotel (Wait on opposite side of the road at Metro bus stop 6)
- Clydesdale Manor
- Regent Park Apartments (Wait on opposite side of the road at Metro bus stop 8)
- Islington Hotel
- Mayfair Plaza (Meet on Princes St)
- Wrest Point (Revolving Door Entrance)
- 8.10am Huntingfield Park & Ride
- 8.15am Villa Howden
- 8.20am Snug Caravan Park
- 8.30am PWJ Kettering Meeting Point
- 9.10am Roberts Point Ferry Terminal
Alternatively, guests can make their own way to the Pennicott Wilderness Journeys Hobart Booking Centre by 7.45am.
Please allow enough time to park their vehicle(s) prior to arrival.
The nearest all-day parking is the Evans Street Car Park which is a 10 minute walk from our booking centre.
Allen our guide & driver for the day was great. He was courteous, polite, friendly, knowledgeable of the Island & a pleasure to spend the day with. Thank you.
Sam our driver and guide was phenomenal. First class service all day long. All of the products we sampled were first class. The weather was perfect which made our bush and beach walks magical. The day was a great mix of gourmet product tasting and outdoor activities. I can highly recommend this day out.
Kieran was an excellent host and we had a great tim
An amazing day that could not have started any better than with beer and cheese. Allen kept us entertained with his local knowledge and cleverly moved things around on the tour to stay one step ahead of the weather.
Thanks for the opportunity to give our amazing driver/guide Sam another pat on the back. He was excellent. He even makes good coffee. The whole Bruny Island experience, including the weather, was excellent.
Sam the guide was excellent. He had fabulous communication skills and was very informative. He assisted many passengers who had mobility issues.
Departs Hobart at 7.45am daily. We can pick you up from your Hobart CBD hotel or meet us at our Pennicott Wilderness Journeys Booking Centre situated on Franklin Wharf, next to the Constitution Dock Lifting Bridge on Hobart's waterfront. Tour returns to Hobart at 5.30pm with CBD hotel drop off.