Bruny Island Foods, Sightseeing & Lighthouse Tour
The Bruny Island Foods & Lighthouse Tour includes a scrumptious lunch and picnic style morning tea with freshly shucked oysters, island cheeses and wood oven breads on the beach.
Taste local produce such as honey, ciders, chocolate and even some of the native plant life. Search for White Wallaby in the wild and join our Iconic Bruny Island Lighthouse Tour, towering high above the wild sea cliff coastlines of South Bruny.
Visit the Neck Wildlife Zone & climb the steps to the Neck lookout, joining North and South Bruny with 360-degree views. Share this magnificent small island with our entertaining and knowledgeable tour guides.
Your afternoon will be full of more local delights with Chocolate and Fudge and Honey tastings with yummy samples of course and plenty of time to shop....
We stop at many of the islands main attractions. The Neck Wildlife Zone, Adventure Bay, South Bruny National Park and Cape Bruny Lighthouse.
What makes it Great:
- Pick-up & drop-off from Hobart included
- Small Personalised Experience (max 20 participants)
- Amazing Food Experience
- Exclusive Lighthouse Tour
Check-in Point & Time
Hobart & surrounds accommodation transfers are included and commence at 6.20am. Please have your hotel name ready when booking to receive your pick-up time.
Self-Drivers can also check-in at 7.30am at the Tasman Travel & Information Centre
16-20 Davey St, Hobart
- Accommodation pick-up and return (Hobart and surrounds)
- Local produce lunch at Hotel Bruny overlooking Sunset Beach.
- Morning tea picnic including local cheese, baked bread and freshly shucked Bruny Island Oysters
- Truganini Lookout and Neck Wildlife Zone walk.
- Visit Adventure Bay
- South Bruny National Park visit
- Cape Bruny Lighthouse Tour
- Historic Lighthouse Museum
- Chocolate and Fudge tasting
- Bruny Island Honey shop visit and tastings
- Two Tree Point and Resolution Creek
- Bruny Island Cider Tasting
- Mount Mangana Rainforests and plant tasting
- White Wallaby in the wild.
- Bruny Island Ferry
Traveling with Children
- Infants (1 Year & Under) travel free
- Children under 5 years old cannot participate in the Lighthouse Tour due to safety regulations.
Instant Booking & Mobile Friendly Tickets
Check availability & book here to secure you spot the Bruny Island Foods & Lighthouse experience
Pre-booking is essential. Please do not turn up on the day without a booking.
- Bring your own water bottle to refill. Water container on the bus.
- Dietary requirements can be discussed with Tour Guide on the day
- Booster seats available on request for children aged 2- 6 years - a seat must be booked
- Stroller accessible
Suitable for most ages and fitness levels.
Provides coastal heathland, spectacular scenery, Big and Little Lagoons, birdlife and beaches. The first part of the walk takes us along a track parallel with the Bruny Island air-strip, then runs between Big Lagoon and Little Lagoon, before steeply ascending Mars Bluff for stunning views across The Neck and its unspoilt beaches.
The track follows the bluff before descending through the dunes onto the remote Miles Beach, with time for a quick dip for those who are keen. Here you can enjoy a casual and delicious packed lunch, featuring local produce, before spending more time exploring the coast.
After our walk we drive to the to the viewing platform and lookout at the Neck Wildlife Zone. Followed by a visit to the Islands local food producers, with stops at Bruny Island Honey and Get Shucked Oyster Farm and Bar.
Cape Bruny Lighthouse Tour
Be enlightened by Bruny Islands’ most iconic land mark, the southernmost Lighthouse Tour in Australia. Cape Bruny Lighthouse has been restored to her former beauty and is the only Lighthouse in Southern Tasmania open to the public. Towering above the spectacular rugged coastline on the South West tip of Bruny Island with sweeping views of the wild Southern Ocean and regular sightings of migrating whales. Shy Albatross, Australian Gannets and many other seabird species swooping and gliding above the ocean swells… providing fantastic photo opportunities at every point of the compass. Climb the spiral staircase to the lighthouse balcony and experience the spectacular vistas of the South West Wilderness and coastlines. Watch the seals playing on the rocks nearby and the albatross gliding across the waves. Southern Right & Humpback Whale sightings are regular during the Whale Migrations periods.
Your Day at a glance
- 6.20am Hotel Pick-ups Commence
- 7.00am Pick-up from Tasmanian Travel and Information
- 8.00am Bruny Island Ferry
- 8.30am Explore Bruny Island
- 5.30pm Arrive back in Hobart
Bruny Island Ferry
Enjoy the 15-minute cruise on the D’Entrecasteaux Channel over to Bruny Island, then travel by air-conditioned minivan to the narrow spit called The Neck connecting the north and south parts of the island, passing oyster farms and grazing properties en route. Your island tour begins with views from Adventure Bay lookout and the Hummock lookout, a significant indigenous site that's home to Truganini Memorial.
The Neck Wildlife Zone
Explore the Neck Wildlife Zone and Truganini Lookout. Lovely new walkways, platforms and steps have just been opened and suitable for all levels of fitness. Here you can take some amazing photos of the Neck and beaches. The perfect selfie location.
Cape Bruny Lighthouse
The coastal views are among the best in Tasmania with rugged dolerite coastlines looming eerily over the Tasman Sea. Join our Cape Bruny Lighthouse Tour, learn about the history, heritage and shipwreck stories. What was it like to be a lightkeeper? Who built the lighthouse? Climb to the very top and exit onto the balcony with stunning views at every point of the compass.
Bruny Island Lighthouse
Make your way to Cape Bruny Lighthouse in the South Bruny National Park for your exclusive group lighthouse tour. The lighthouse is Australia's last vantage point to spot migrating humpback and southern right whales, and an important navigational landmark for ships at sea. You Cape Bruny Lighthouse Tour is included in your fare.
Get Shucked Oyster Bar
Bruny Islands best oysters are found here. Let us buy a few dozen oysters and we will share these on the beach together for morning tea. Later in the day if you would like to take some home we will drop back in for you.
Bruny Island Honey
You will visit the Bruny Island Honey farm. Taste an incredible array of different Tasmanian Honey's, watch the bees at work through the viewing window and take some honey with you.
Bruny Island Chocolate Company
Enjoy our tailored chocolate and fudge tasting experience. We will collect a few different types of fudge and chocolate and prepare it for you to try. Feel free to buy some to take home. Ask about the new Hounds Tooth Whisky.
Bruny Island Cheese Company
We will stop in at the Cheese Company in the morning and buy a few kinds of cheese for you to have for morning tea. We will set up on a nice beach in Adventure Bay and serve you up a feast of cheese, oysters and wood oven bread. later in the day we stop back at the Cheese Company for you to take some home
Lunch at Hotel Bruny
Enjoy a wonderful lunch at Hotel Bruny (Included). We have designed a menu that will suit any taste buds and a large selection of different local foods. Seafood, local lamb, salmon, chicken, vegetarian and gluten-free options available. Enjoy your exclusive Bruny Island Cider tasting only available to Bruny Island Safaris.
South Bruny National Park
Explore the South Bruny National Park and the Cape Bruny Lighthouse. We recommend buying a Holiday Vehicle or Person Parks Pass before coming to Tasmania. This will get you into all parks for 3 months.
- Bruny Island Safaris Office - 6:10am
- Big4 Hobart Airport Tourist Park - 6:20am
- Travelodge Hotel Hobart Airport - 6:20am
- Ramada Resort - 6:30am
- Barilla Holiday Park Cambridge - 6:42am
- Mornington Inn - 6:43am
- Discovery Park Mornington - 6:43am
- Graham Court Apartments - 6:46am
- Waterfront Lodge - 6:47am
- Mayfair Cavell - 6:47am
- Bay View Villas- 6:48am
- Hobart Tower Motel - 6:50am
- Rydges Hotel - 6:51am
- Queens Head Hotel - 6:52am
- Lodge on Elizabeth Street - 6:53am
- Tasmanian Inn - 6:54am
- Quest Trinity House - 6:57am
- Mantra Collins - 6:58am
- The Old Woolstore Apartment Hotel - 6:58am
- Hotel Grand Chancellor Hobart - 6:59am
- Tasmanian Travel and Information Centre - 7:00am
- Mantra One - 7:01am
- Edinburgh Gallery Bed & Breakfast - 7:03am
- IBIS Styles - 7:04am
- Travelodge Hotel Hobart - 7:04am
- Europcar Hobart City - 7:05am
- St Davids Cathedral Bus Stop - 7:10am
- Ball and Chain Grill - 7:13am
- Salamanca Inn - 7:13am
- Prince of Wales Hotel - 7:14am
- St Ives Apartments - 7:16am
- Regent Park Apartments - 7:17am
- Bay Hotel Apartments - 7:17am
- Islington Hotel - 7:17am
- Mayfair Plaza Motel - 7:18am
- Clydesdale Manor - 7:18am
- Wrest Point Hotel Casino - 7:19am
- Amberley House Sandy Bay - 7:20am
- Motel 429 - 7:21am
- Kingston bus Exchange - Huntingfield - 7:35am
- Channel Museum Margate - 7:40am
- Snug Beach Cabin & Caravan Park - 7:40am
- Kettering 'The Oyster Cove Inn' - 7:45am
- Bruny Island Roberts Point - 8:45am
- Bruny Island Cheese Company - 9:00am
Bruny Island Safaris are one of Tasmania’s most dynamic food & sightseeing tour operators, employing local Bruny Islanders and Tasmanian’s successfully showcasing the island’s most pristine locations and food producers for eight years. We offer day tours, multi-day tours, bushwalking tours, private groups & charters, and the Cape Bruny Lighthouse Tours. Achieving the Trip Advisor Hall of Fame award for excellence in 2018 and 2019. Recently voted top 10 Aussie Travellers most booked experience on Trip Advisor 2019.
Bruny Island is a 362-square-kilometre island located off the south-eastern coast of Tasmania.