Bruny Island Day Tour | Tassie Tours
Experience Tasmania's ultimate natural beauty spots and wilderness adventure. You will enjoy world class beaches, national parks, rugged coastline and native wildlife matched with the finest local produce.
What makes it Great:
- Tempered Rainforest walk
- Spot incredible wildlife including rare albino wallaby
- Spectacular scenery lookouts at The Neck
- Cape Bruny Light House
- Secret water holes and lagoons
- Pick Up & drop off around the Hobart CBD
- Guided bus tour
- Driver & Local guide
- Bruny Island ferry crossing
- National Park entry fees
- Swimming (weather permitting)
- Sample award winning food (berries, cheese, chocolate, fresh oysters, wine, beer and cider) at own cost.
- Lunch stop (at own cost)
Guests are welcome to bring their own food, or lunch can be purchased at either the Bruny Hotel, Cafe, or winery depending on the day. Many options to suit budgets and dietary requirements.
Departure times & locations
Tours start from Hobart at 7:30 am and arrives back around 5:30 pm. We offer pickups in and around the Hobart CBD. Specific pickups available en route to Kettering (Ferry terminal). Please inform pick up location when make a booking.
Your day at a glance:
- Stop at: Mavista Falls | Duration: 30 minutes
This casual walk will take you through a lush rainforest that runs alongside the relaxing Waterfall Creek. This easy, twenty minute walk will allow you to take in the beautiful scenery and peaceful ambience of the rainforest whilst breathing in some of the freshest air Tasmania has to offer.
- Stop At: Cape Bruny Lighthouse | Duration: 30 minutes
Located at the southern tip of the island, the convict built Cape Bruny Lighthouse is now the second oldest lighthouse tower in Australia (1836). Whilst visiting, soak up the gorgeous views of the southern ocean and the rugged sea cliffs that form the coastline of Cape Bruny.
- Stop At: The Neck| Duration: 30 minutes
Arguably the most iconic and most recognised landmark on the island, the lookout at the Neck offers breathtaking 360 degree views of the island. Alongside the spectacular views, keep an eye out in the dunes for some burrows, fairy penguins and mutton birds nest here!
- Stop At: Bruny Island Berry Farm | Duration: 20 minutes
Sample the in season Berry's or simply buy an ice cream.
- Stop At: Bruny Island Premium Wines | Duration: 20 minutes
We often pull into the winery for $5 wine tastings. Sample the local home grown. If this is something you'd really like to do let your guide know.
- Stop At: Get Shucked Oyster Bar | Duration: 20 minutes
On the way back to the Ferry we will pull in to give you a chance to purchase what we are famous for...... Oysters!
Things To Bring
- Wear activewear & comfortable shoes.
- Pack your thongs, towel, bathers, hat, sunnies, sunscreen, a bottle of water and some snacks.
- It's a good idea to bring a jacket and don't forget your camera as there are plenty of photo opportunities!
No Children under 4
Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking. If you require hotel transfers please have your hotel name ready when booking so we can send you a pick-up time with your confirmation.
Instant Booking & Mobile Friendly Tickets
- Check availability & book here to secure you spot on Bruny Island Day Tour. Pre-booking is essential. Please do not turn up on the day without a booking.
- Present this message on your mobile device to check in.
About Tassie Tours
Welcome to Tassie Tours, where adventure is everywhere you look. Tassie Tours offers a range of exciting discounted day tours in Tasmania to choose from. See Australia's best kept secret and hear the many stories that have made this island so very desirable. We pride ourselves on selling fun, which you are sure to experience onboard Tassie Tours Tasmania.
Bruny Island is a 362-square-kilometre island located off the south-eastern coast of Tasmania.